Earn a free industry recognized credential in the high-demand field of information technology (IT)!
You can earn an IT certificate at no cost to you. Most IT Workforce Accelerator programs range from two days to twelve months, with many programs offered bootcamp-style. Tuition and books are paid by a grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration. Among the eligibility requirements, you must live in Central Illinois or work for a Central Illinois company. In addition to tuition and books, you may also qualify for additional support services.
Need help exploring the information technology program that’s right for you? Or do you know exactly which program you’d like to pursue? Learn more, and we will contact you to help you take the next step toward earning an IT certificate.
We provide customized solutions across the talent ecosystem, from connecting you with newly credentialed talent to upskilling your current employees. Contact us to learn how the IT Workforce Accelerator can deliver talent solutions to address your IT workforce shortages.
- CompTIA Security+
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- Google Analytics
- Google IT Automation with Python
- Google Project Management
- Google User Experience (UX) Design
- Electronic Health Records Management
- Health Informatics Certificate
- Instructional Design for Healthcare Certificate
- Telehealth Certificate
Help Desk / User Support
- CompTIA ITF+ (stipend eligible if you meet income guidelines)
- Google IT Support
Customer Service for IT
Recommended Prior Experience: No prior experience necessary
Length of Program: 2, 3 hour sessions
This course will help you gain confidence in your customer service skills and better prepare you for a career in IT customer service and support.
What You Will Learn: At the conclusion of this course, you will have learned the best practices for assisting customers using multiple forms of technological communication. In addition, you will have the opportunity to earn digital badges, showing your competency in communication, problem solving, and adaptability & flexibility. You will learn about the types of customers you may encounter and strategies for helping them with their concerns.
How to Earn Credential: Successfully complete the course, receive a certificate of completion.
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
- CompTIA – CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Cloud+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- LAN Technician (stipend eligible if you meet income guidelines)
- Secure Software Apprenticeship (AAS) – If selected for an apprenticeship, you will be hired by the sponsoring company at the beginning of the apprenticeship.