Proctoring and Testing Accommodation Services
Proctoring Tests for ICC Classes
Do you need to take an exam or quiz outside of class time? Your instructor can make arrangements for you to take your test or quiz under the watchful eye of our Testing Center staff.
An appointment and a physical, valid photo identification card is required to take an exam. No exceptions will be made. An ICC or other student ID, driver’s license, state ID, or passport are examples of acceptable forms of identification. Without proper ID, students will not be allowed to test.
To use Testing Center proctoring services, faculty must:
- Review the Proctored Policies within the Hub.
- Provide detailed instructions submitted one of two ways:
- Submit through our online Proctored Exam Form and upload a PDF of the exam.
- Submit the exam and our downloadable Proctored Exam Form directly to the Testing Center office where the student will take the exam. This information needs to be printed on GOLDENROD paper and can be emailed to [email protected] or [email protected]
Testing Accommodations for Access Services
We offer students with documented disabilities testing accommodations through Access Services. Some examples of testing accommodations include:
- Extended testing time
- Low distraction testing areas
- Reader or recorded verbal form of exams
- Scribe services to write for students or mark scantrons
Before making an appointment with the Testing Center, students must be approved for the requested accommodations. To gain approval, students should submit documentation of the disability and need for accommodation to the Access Services Department. Once the office approves an accommodation, an accommodation letter, good for one academic year will be issued. Students will share the accommodation letter with their respective faculty member(s), and then may make an appointment for exam(s). Students may apply for testing accommodations and upload supporting documentation in our secure online site.
Proctoring Tests for Other Institutions
We offer exam proctoring services for students taking courses at other educational institutions. To arrange for proctoring services:
- Contact us at (309) 694-5234 for information on ICC procedures for proctoring exams.
- Comply with procedures for sending exams to the Testing Center.
- The institution MUST provide explicit test administration instructions.
Students and/or the institution providing the exam will be charged a fee for the proctoring service and need to provide postage when necessary. Students are required to present a physical, valid photo ID before testing.