Associate in Arts (Transfer)
Architects make plans and designs for the construction and renovation of homes, schools, healthcare facilities, and commercial structures. The Architecture Associate in Arts degree will prepare students to pursue a transfer degree at a four-year college or university.
year history of direct transfer to architecture programs at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Students have direct contact with licensed professionals in the classroom who can lead them to understand the profession and become active and productive members of the community.
Throughout the program, students participate in visits to construction sites in the Peoria area.
The American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) has a mission to advance leadership, design, and service among architecture students.
Architect, Landscape Architect, Urban Planner, Architectural Manager
if Full Time
60 Total Credit Hours
What if I attend part-time?
Our Student Success Advisors help with an academic plan that works for you.
+ supplies & fees
Based on 2022-23
What financial assistance can I receive?
Find the plan right for you by connecting with our Financial Aid office.
AVERAGE CLASS SIZE
average per class
Small class sizes mean more individual attention and a higher rate of success.
View the College Catalog to see a complete list of classes for this program.
The architecture program at ICC is one of the best kept secrets. Several former students have gone on to excel in their careers and receive awards, such as Peoria Magazine’s ’40 Under 40′ recognition.Bryan Asbury, Interim Dean – Arts & Behavioral Sciences
How Do I Get Into the Architecture Program?
Take your love of math, art, and design into a creative career as an architect. Talk to an Admissions representative to learn how to get started.
- Complete our quick admissions application. It’s free and easy!
- Apply for financial aid (FAFSA).
- Apply for ICC Scholarships. Just 1 application for over 600 scholarships.
- It is recommended that applicants have four years of high school math, three to four years of foreign language, and courses in art and architecture.
- Applicants are encouraged to volunteer with organizations such as Habitat for Humanity.
What Can I Expect As an Architecture Student?
- Gain the skills and knowledge to excel at transfer institutions.
- Save tuition by earning an Architecture Associate in Arts degree at ICC and then transferring to a four-year program.
- Students will learn to communicate graphically and verbally, and will develop the ability to solve and relate to issues and problems facing professionals.
- Many local architectural, engineering, and construction firms offer internships.
How Am I Going to Manage This?
What if I am working while going to school?
We have you covered. Many of our students are working adults who balance life and school. We have great resources on campus to help keep you going!
What are my options for funding my education?
Do this first: fill out and file your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Even if you don’t want federal aid, this document is used by many scholarship and grant programs to evaluate aid packages.
Look for scholarships and grants first because usually they don’t have to be paid back. The ICC Foundation sponsors some scholarships, and grants may be available from Illinois or federal programs. Other organizations also offer scholarships, and we can help you research those opportunities.
Federally guaranteed student loans can be a smart way to fund college. Think about your transfer plans and what your career looks like. Some sources recommend that you cap your borrowing at the level of what you (realistically!) can expect to earn at your first job after college. So, research careers and pay, too.
Of course, savings, jobs, and work-study are key parts of your budget. Your employer may offer tuition reimbursement. Find the tools to make a complete plan for paying for school.