Student Support Organizations
TRiO Student Support Services
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a free academic support program for students from disadvantaged backgrounds. The program provides help through the uncertainty of college by offering direction, help, and support.
We can support you by:
- Offering free one-on-one tutoring
- Acting as liaison for you and Financial Aid while assisting you in applying for scholarships
- Providing academic and career advisement
- Arranging on campus visits with recruiters from 4-year colleges and universities
- Offering 2 $1,500 transfer scholarships each year
- Arranging local and out-of-town cultural trips
- Sponsoring educational workshops
To be eligible for TRiO, you must be an ICC student and meet at least 1 of the following requirements:
- Neither of your parents graduated from a 4-year college or university
- You fall within the Federal TRiO Program Guidelines for low income
- You have a special need because of a physical or learning disability
Harvesting Dreams is designed to increase the recruitment, retention, and academic success of African American students attending ICC. We explore some of the issues and challenges facing African American students, and develop strategies to enhance personal, academic, and career success.
We create opportunities to engage in group dialog and activities that reduce self-handicapping behaviors and promote the successful transition to college. Speakers and workshops will impart information that will heighten awareness and prepare participants to enhance their success by giving tools that promote college and career success.
Meetings are held on Wednesdays at the East Peoria Campus, Academic Building, Tranquility Room, 210A from 12 – 1 pm.